After I found out that I was pregnant, I decided to focus on finding an excellent prenatal care. I started looking for an OBGYN who could help me with the kind of care that I needed, but it was overwhelming at first. I was nervous that I would choose the wrong provider and that it would complicate my pregnancy, but I was able to find a great doctor who could help me along the way. He walked me through prenatal care requirements, and it was really fantastic to see the difference that it made in my life. This blog is here to help other people to understand prenatal care.
If you have heard there are a lot of side-effects, you would be right; there are some surprising and amazing side- effects associated with contraceptive pills that you may be unaware of! Talk to your gynecologist about the positive side-effects and benefits of contraceptive pills and how they can improve conditions, issues, and problems that may have little to do with birth control.
Here are six surprising and awesome side-effects of the pill.
1. Reduces risk of serious disease. Many researchers report that women who have taken contraceptive pills for five years or longer have a 50% reduced risk of contracting ovarian cancer. The pill is also attributed with lowering endometrial cancer risk, pelvic inflammatory disease, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
2. Decreased acne breakouts. The pill decreases levels of testosterone and increases estrogen, which can lead to reduced incidence of acne. When taken regularly, some oral contraceptive medications (your doctor can point to the specific ones) can prevent breakouts and reduce the severity of these instances.
3. Relieves vaginal dryness. The estrogen in oral contraceptive can help with vaginal dryness that often accompanies menopause, cancer treatments, or other medical condition. This can alleviate painful intercourse which can occur with severe vaginal dryness.
4. Generates hair growth. There are some studies that report that oral contraceptives can generate hair growth on scalp and body. This hair growth may help women struggling with menopausal hair loss which may result from menopause, medication side-effects, or other condition.
5. Alleviates migraine headaches. The pill may provide migraine relief during menstrual cycle by increasing levels of estrogen. This drop in estrogen occurs during menstrual cycles, which leads to headaches in many women. Contraceptive pills can level out hormones so incidence of migraine is reduced in many sufferers.
6. Helps with PMS symptoms and heavy menstrual cycles. Oral contraceptive pills can also help reduce the severity of your PMS symptoms and impact heavy menstrual cycles. The pill hinders the regrowth of your endometrial lining which is shed during menstruation. This reduction in endometrial lining equates to less painful periods.
Talk with your gynecological provider about the benefits of contraceptive pills and how these can help you. In addition to being 99% effective at preventing pregnancy (when taken properly), this oral medication may help resolve issues such as acne, hair loss, and migraines, too. When you hear about side-effects associated with the pill, consider also that oral contraceptives can help you in some surprising and amazing ways. To learn more about your options, contact a local birth control clinic.